Let us take you through 4 delectable quinoa salad recipes! At the onset, you will find the Mediterranean-style quinoa salad, followed by quinoa avocado salad, quinoa cranberry salad, and finally quinoa with black bean salad. Each salad brings a unique combination of flavors and textures.
1. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1.5 cup of quinoa
- 2.75 cups of water/vegetable stock
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 English cucumber (chopped in 0.5-inch pieces)
- 2-3 roasted red pepper (chopped in 0.5-inch pieces)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup of black olives (pitted & halved)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
For the dressing:
- 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp red/white wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper powder
- 0.5 cup of fresh parsley leaves (chopped roughly)
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil with vinegar, dried oregano, salt & pepper. Keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and add the chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, halved olives, garlic powder, thyme, and cooked quinoa. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss nicely.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley leaves and crumbled goat cheese. Enjoy!
2. Quinoa Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water (or vegetable stock)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 English cucumber (diced)
- A dozen cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 ripe Avocados (pitted, de-skinned & diced)
- 1 lemon (halved & de-seeded)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper(use as per taste)
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large salad serving bowl. Fluff it up with a fork and let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take out the cooled quinoa. Add the chopped spinach (70 grams); diced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, and diced avocados. Mix well!
- Next, squeeze the halved lemon on the salad, drizzle the olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and mix again. Your quinoa avocado salad is ready! Relish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a filling healthy meal!
3. Quinoa Salad Cranberry Recipe
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable/chicken broth
- 0.5 cups of dried/fresh cranberries
- 0.5 cups of scallion (chopped)
- 0.75 cup of slivered almonds (toasted)
- 0.5 cups of fresh coriander sprigs (chopped)
- 0.75 cup of feta cheese (crumbled)
For the Salad Dressing–
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mustard sauce
- Salt & white pepper powder (to taste)
- Put cooked quinoa in a bowl, fluff it and chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- As the quinoa chills, make the dressing by whisking the olive oil with fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, mustard sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Take the chilled quinoa out of the fridge. Mix in the cranberries, chopped scallion, toasted almonds, chopped coriander sprigs, and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle the dressing on top and mix it!
Devour this quinoa salad with cranberry right away or as chilled. If chilling the salad, put it in an airtight container and then keep it in the fridge.
4. Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1½ cup of dried black beans
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 4-5 scallions (chopped finely)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp parsley (chopped roughly)
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika sauce
- 4-6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook black beans on the stove and let the cooked beans cool.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a dish, spread it out, and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chilled quinoa to a large salad bowl. Add the cooked black beans, chopped scallions, chopped shallot, chopped red pepper, and parsley. Mix nicely with some salt seasoning!
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking the red wine vinegar with soy sauce, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika sauce, and olive oil.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and mix well. Enjoy!
Save the above given 4 quinoa salad recipes for a lusciously healthy bowl that can be relished as a filling meal at any hour of the day/night. You can also serve it as a snack or enjoy it as an appetizer!
Read More: How To Cook Quinoa