Given below are 5 exclusive chicken breast recipes that are prepared in 5 diverse apparatus- oven, grill, pan, instant pot, & crock-pot. You can try any recipe as per your convenience or cook each one on different weekdays/weekends as every recipe yields a uniquely delicious taste and texture.
1. How to cook chicken breast in Oven – Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
1.1. Things you’ll need
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- Salt (to taste)
- White pepper powder (to taste)
- A teaspoon of cayenne ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ stick of butter (melted)
- 1½ teaspoon minced garlic
- A teaspoon of dried Italian herbs seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
1.2. How long to cook chicken breast in the oven
It takes 20-30 minutes to cook chicken breasts in the oven.
Since the size of chicken breast and oven temperatures may vary, therefore a 4-ounce chicken breast requires 25-30 minutes at 350°F. If the chicken breast size is less the 4-ounces then it will be done within 20 minutes.
Cooking Proces: Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breast Recipe
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating at 400°F.
Step 2: while the oven is heating, sprinkle salt, white pepper and cayenne ground on both sides of the chicken breasts and keep aside.
Step 3: Now, take the bowl of melted butter, add the Italian dried herb seasoning, freshly chopped parsley leaves, and minced garlic. Mix well and keep aside.
Step 4: Place a pan on the stove, drizzle the olive oil and wait for it to get hot over medium heat.
Step 5: Now, time to transfer the seasoned chicken breasts on the hot pan. Cook each side for a couple of minutes. While searing put the butter herb mix on the chicken breasts. Keep spooning the pan liquids on the chicken breasts continuously during the cooking process.
Step 6: Turn off the stove and put the pan in the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Ensure the internal temperature reads 165°F in the digital thermometer. Take the pan out of the oven, move the gorgeous garlic butter chicken breast into the serving dish. Brush with the pan’s leftover liquid.
- To enjoy the premium-quality taste, use organic fresh chicken breast pieces for this recipe.
- Do not skip the 10 minutes oven preheating time. It’s essential!
- Cumin powder, coriander powder, dried rosemary/thyme, and taco seasoning are some seasoning optional you may use for the recipe.
- Do keep an eye for the garlic, do not let them burn in the pan.
- To cut down on calories, you can skip the butter and make the dish entirely with olive oil.
2. How to cook chicken breast on Grill – Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
2.1. Things you’ll need
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper powder (as per taste)
- Salt (as per taste)
2.2. How long to cook chicken breast on the grill
It takes 12 minutes to cook chicken breast on the grill. An additional 30-60 minutes is required for marinating the meat.
2.3. Cooking Process
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil with garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, basil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt. Transfer 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture in another small bowl and keep it aside for basting.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the large bowl and let it marinate for 30-60 minutes on the kitchen top. (*You can also cover and refrigerate the marinated the chicken breasts overnight)
- Clean the grill grates and heat the grill over high temperature at 450°F.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts one at a time on the hot grill using tongs. Close the lid and cook covered for 5-6 minutes. Baste the chicken 2-3 times using a basting brush.
- After the 6 minutes are up, the chicken should release easily from the grates. Flip each piece and cook the other side for 5-6 more minutes (covered) while basting 2-3 times.
- To check the doneness of the grilled chicken breasts, use a digital thermometer. It should read 165°F. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoyed garnished with tomatoes and lettuce.
2.4. Grilled chicken breast calories and nutrition
- Calories: 128
- Protein: 26g
- Potassium: 332mg
- Phosphorus: 219mg
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Magnesium: 29mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
3. How to Cook Chicken Breast in a Pan – Sautéed Chicken Breast Recipe
3.1. Things you’ll need
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon or to taste)
- Crushed black pepper (a pinch or to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (a pinch or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoons garlic (peeled & minced)
3.2. How long to cook chicken breast in the pan
It takes 8 minutes to cook chicken breasts in the pan.
3.3. Cooking Process
- Place a pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil and let it heat.
- While the oil gets hot, prep the chicken breasts by seasoning each side with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Now, add the minced garlic into the hot oil and stir-fry for 50-60 seconds over medium-high heat.
- Next, reduce the heat to medium. Place both the seasoned chicken breasts on the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover the lid, flip the chicken breasts, and cook for 4 minutes covered.
Transfer the sautéed chicken breasts to a plate, spoon the pan’s juices on top of the meat and enjoy alongside sautéed asparagus.
4. How to Cook Chicken Breast in an Instant Pot
4.1. Things you’ll need
- 4 skinless & boneless chicken breasts (fresh/thawed)
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cup of water
- For seasoning- ½ teaspoon dried oregano; ½ teaspoon dried parsley; ½ teaspoon paprika powder; 1 teaspoon onion powder; 1 teaspoon garlic powder; ½ teaspoon salt & a pinch of black pepper powder.
4.2. How long to cook chicken breast in an instant pot
It takes 13-15 minutes to cook chicken breast in an instant pot.
4.3. Cooking Process
- In a small bowl mix all the seasoning ingredients. Then, sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of each chicken breast and keep aside. (*ensure to pat dry the chicken breasts before seasoning them)
- Turn on the instant pot, press the ‘Sauté Mode,’ and choose maximum heat setting. Wait until the instant pot shows ‘Hot’.
- Now drizzle the olive oil and let it heat up.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts. Sauté each side for 3-4 minutes. After 6-8 minutes of cooking transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add 1.5 cups of water into an 8-quarts instant pot. (*If using 6-quarts instant pot add 1 cup of water)
- Insert a trivet in the instant pot and put the sautéed chicken breasts on the trivet.
- Now, seal the lid, adjust the valve to sealing position and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- After the cooking time is up, let the instant pot release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes and then turn the valve to venting to release the remaining pressure quickly.
Transfer the chicken to a dish and let it cool for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm garnished with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices.
5. How to Cook Chicken Breast in a Crock-Pot
5.1. Things you’ll need
- 3 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper powder (to taste)
5.2. How long to cook chicken breast in a crock-pot
It takes 3 hours to cook chicken breasts in a crock-pot.
5.3. Cooking Process
- In a small bowl mix the garlic powder with dried basil, oregano, parsley, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the mix all over the chicken breasts.
- Now, place the chicken on the bottom of the crock-pot. (*Avoid overlapping, maintain a single layer for best results.) Seal the lid.
- Turn on the crock-pot by setting a 3 hours timer and low temperature.
Finally, uncover the lid and transfer to a serving dish. Relish with your choice of steamed/sautéed veggies!
Note: This recipe does not use water as usually water/broth is needed when the chicken pieces are not in a single layer. As long as the chicken breasts are touching the crock-pot they will cook perfectly. Additionally, not adding water helps keep the seasoning stuck onto the meat, making it taste delicious.
6. Chicken Breast Nutrition
As per USDA, a serving of de-skinned boneless chicken breast weighing 85 grams (3-ounces) contains-
- 102 calories
- 46mg of sodium
- 19g of protein
- 2g fat
- 0g of sugar/ fiber/ carbohydrate
Now, you hold the knowledge to cook chicken breast recipes devouringly right at home! They are super easy to make and taste so yummy. Do try them for a delectable breakfast, lunch or dinner meal.