Have you ever learned how to cook salmon in the oven? It was a great experience and you can enjoy baked salmon fillets full of flavor. Take only 5 minutes to read our article today, you will know how to make this baked Salmon Recipe!
1. How To Pick A Best Piece Salmon Fillet?
When buying fresh salmon, look out for the following hints to pick the best piece:
- Opt for the fresh salmon fillet that has vibrant orange or reddish flesh with excellent marbling. Avoid fillets that have discoloration around the edges or visible brownish patches on the belly.
- Choose those fillets that appear moist. A moist fish/fillet is a sure sign that the fish was handled well and is fresh. Do not pick any dried out salmon fish/fillets.
- Press the net gently with your forefinger; if the flesh doesn’t retain any fingerprint, seems elastic, and returns to the former position, then it’s good to buy.
2. Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 fresh Salmon fillets (5-ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or as per taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- A baking tray, aluminum foil paper, & a shallow dish, & a bowl
How Long To Bake Salmon
It takes 25 minutes to cook salmon in the oven.
Instructions – How To Bake Salmon
Step 1: Set the oven for pre-heating at 400°F.
Step 2: Place the salmon fillets in a shallow/flat dish. Drizzle ½ teaspoon olive oil on each fillet. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each fillet.
Step 3: In a bowl, add the chopped sprigs fresh rosemary, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, olive oil (1 tablespoon), salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients.
Step 4: Place an aluminum foil sheet on the baking tray. Lay 1 salmon fillet (seasoned side down) on the foil. Put the mixture in step 3 on top of the fillet. Wrap the fish fillet with the foil paper, sealing it completely. Do the same with the second fillet.
Step 5: Transfer both the foil-wrapped fillets on a baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes. Once the time is up, take the tray out of the oven, unwrap the fillets, and serve.
3. Healthy Benefits of Eating Salmon
Salmon consumption helps lessen inflammation, maintain heart health, enhance brain function, boost energy, strengthen muscles, and repair bones. Eating Salmon can also curtail unnecessary fluid retention. Furthermore, including this fish in the diet can help lose weight too.
After reading this article, you know the baked salmon recipe. You can even teach another person again. I hope you have a good meal with a dish of baked salmon fillet.
Read More: How To Cook Frozen Salmon