Hello, of all baked fish recipes, the baked tilapia recipe is the best. So today, let’s me learn together how to cook tilapia in the oven. I sure the tastes of baked tilapia will not disappoint you
1. How To Cook Tilapia Fillets & FAQs
How to Thaw Frozen Tilapia Fillets?
- Begin with unpacking the fish.
- Rinse it thoroughly in the cold running tap water till the ice/frost is thoroughly washed away.
- Place the fish fillets on a plate and dry both sides using a kitchen towel.
What are the Best Sources for Buying Farmed Tilapia?
United States, Canada, Ecuador, Peru & Netherlands are the five places that supply the best quality of farmed Tilapia. It is advisable to avoid farmed Tilapia provided from China as the FDA detected chemical pollutants.
2. Baked Tilapia Recipe | How To Cook Tilapia Fillets in the Oven
- 3-4 frozen tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 1 butter stick
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
How long to Bake Tilapia Fillets
It takes 20 – 25 minutes to bake Tilapia
Instructions – How to Bake Tilapia
Step 1: Start with preheating the oven at 400°F.
Step 2: Place the tilapia fillets in the baking tray side by side. Avoid overlapping!
Step 3: Sprinkle black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt on top of the fillets. Add the lemon juice on the nets.
Step 4: Next, place a pan on the stove over medium-low heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Now, add the minced garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
Step 5: Pour the butter garlic sauce all over the seasoned tilapia fillets. Also, place the lemon slices in the tray randomly.
Step 7: Finally, flip the fillets and put the plate in the oven for 20 minutes.
Once the fish is beautifully baked, transfer it to a serving dish. Shower some oregano on to and garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
Note: Flipping the fish before putting it in the oven is necessary! This step helps the garlic go to the bottom of the baking dish instead of lying on top. Therefore, it saves the garlic from burning during the cooking process.
3. Tips When Making Baked Tilapia Recipe
- In case you want to cut down on some calories, skip the butter and make this baked tilapia recipe using two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- A sure sign of the fillet’s doneness is that the fish become soft, and its edges turn slightly brownish.
- Two alternatives for cayenne pepper powder are chili flakes and sun-dried red chili powder.
- Besides coriander sprigs, some fresh/dried parsley leaves can also make an excellent herb garnish for this garlicky lemon baked tilapia dish.
It was great to enjoy the baked tilapia recipe. I can imagine that after you finish reading how to cook tilapia in the oven, you’ll want to do it now. Me too.
Read More: Bake Frozen Salmon