If you are looking for the best way to cook a Top Round Roast, I think you are in the right place, because this article is what you need. Don’t worry, Top Round Roast Recipe is easy to make and it’s not as hard as you think
1. Top Round Roast Beef Recipe
- 3½- 4 pound Certified Angus Beef Top Round Roast
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2-2½ teaspoons onion powder
- 2-2½ teaspoons salt (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
How Long To Cook a Top Round Roast
Top round roast beef cooking time per pound is 20 minutes in the Oven. You’ll also need an additional 5 minutes prepping time and 15 minutes resting time.
Instructions – How To Cook a Top Round Roast
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating at 450°F. Meanwhile, put all the spices and herbs in the grinder. Pulse for a few seconds!
Step 2: Place the top round roast beef in a shallow baking tray. Sprinkle the spice-herb seasoning on the meat. Rub the seasoning on the top and sides then flip the meat to sprinkle and rub the seasoning on the bottom side.
Step 3: Place the tray in the oven and let it bake at 450°f for 20 minutes. After that, lower the temperature to 350°f and set the timer to 60 minutes. At 30 minutes interval, take out the tray, flip the meat, and place it back in the oven to finish cooking. Take out the meat from the oven and cover it with foil paper. Let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips When Cooking a Top Round Roast Beef
- After taking the meat out of the oven, test it’s doneness by inserting a cooking thermometer till the meat’s center. If the temperature reads 135-140 degrees Fahrenheit, then the top round roast beef is perfectly cooked.
- If you like the flavor of Worchester sauce, you may coat the meat with the sauce before rubbing the spice herb seasoning.
Now that you know how to cook a beef top round roast, I hope after reading this post, you can make this spice & herb-coated top round roast beef recipe right at home for family meals or get-togethers. Good Luck
Read More: Eye Of Round Roast Recipe