Ham steaks are flavorful and easy to prepare. The steaks usually come boneless and thin-cut, or thick with the bone still in. There are many Ham Steak recipes. But if you are looking for the simplest recipe. Here are instructions – Brown Sugar Ham Steak Recipe
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions – Brown Sugar Ham Steak Recipe
- Whisk sugar in small bowl; rub over both sides of ham steak. Place ham on plate and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours (paste may liquefy).
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add ham to skillet with sugar paste still clinging and sauté until brown and heated through, about 3 minutes per side
- Reduce heat if brown sugar/butter mixture starts to pop or splatter.
5 ounce-weight: 381 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1672mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Unfortunately, ham steak is incredibly high in sodium, depending on the brand and preparation. Healthy adults should save ham for special occasions, and individuals with heart disease and high blood pressure should avoid ham steaks altogether.