How about cooking soup from canned black beans? Don’t worry. In this article, I will instruct you – How To Cook Canned Black Beans at home, and you can easily enjoy it.
1. Are canned black beans already cooked?
Yes, canned beans are pre-cooked. It means you can be eaten right out of the can. For direct consumption, canned black beans can be added in fresh salads, or stuffing them in burgers/sandwiches.
2. Are Canned Black Beans Healthy?
Yes, canned black beans are healthy. Black beans are high in fiber, protein, magnesium, folate, and antioxidants. To avoid contamination and receive premium nourishment, make sure to buy certified organic canned beans only. Also, when buying canned black beans you make sure it doesn’t contain sodium, sugar and importantly it is still expiry date
3. How To Cook Canned Black Beans
- A can of black beans (around 2 cups)
- 1- 1½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot (chopped) and 1 tomato (diced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped roughly)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2½ teaspoons cumin powder
- A teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- A teaspoon salt (or as per taste)
- A can of filtered water (about 2-2½ cups)
- A deep non-stick frying pan and spatula
Step 1: Place the pan on the stove at medium-high heat and drizzle the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped shallot and sauté for 2 minutes by stirring frequently.
Step 2: Next, add the tomatoes, and cilantro. Fry them by stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Now, add the garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder & salt. Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Open the can of beans, drain the liquid, and rinse them thoroughly under running cold water.
Step 5: Now add the beans into the pan. Fill the can with filtered water and pour it in the pan. Stir the ingredients and turn the stove on high heat.
Step 6: After the water halved lower the heat to medium-high. Using the back of the spatula mash the semi-cooked beans to thicken the gravy.
Step 7: As soon as the gravy reaches your desired thickness, turn off the stove. Relish the aromatic black beans gravy along with soft white rice.
Now, you knew – How To Cook Canned Black Beans. Even you did not know about how to cook canned black beans in the past, you can practice today! the earlier you try, the sooner you can enjoy the food. Good luck!
Read More: How To Cook Black Beans