Have you been wondering how to cook asparagus in a healthy, and delicious yet simple and quick way?. Then, you will be delighted to read through the 3 yummy ways of cooking this fresh green vegetable that meets all the criteria!
This article compiles 3 easy vegetarian recipes using very few ingredients! You can relish pan-fried asparagus, opt for the oven-roasted cheesy asparagus or enjoy a warm creamy asparagus soup.
1.1.For Pan-Fried Zesty Asparagus, you’ll need:-
- Asparagus (10-12 spears)
- Garlic (1 teaspoon, crushed)
- Lemon Juice (1 tablespoon)
- Olive Oil (1/2 Tablespoon)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
1.2.For Oven-Roasted Cheesy Asparagus, you’ll need:-
- Asparagus (12-15 spears)
- Garlic paste (2 teaspoons)
- Parmesan Cheese (Half Cup, grated)
- Butter (2 Tablespoon, melted)
- Salt & Pepper
1.3.For Creamy Asparagus Soup, you’ll need:-
- Asparagus (16-18 spears)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- Butter (1 cube)
- Vegetable Stock (600 ml)
- Heavy Cream (2 tablespoons) (optional)
- Water (200 ml)
- Salt & Pepper
2.How to Cook Asparagus in 3 Different Ways
2.1.To Cook the Pan-Fried Zesty Asparagus:-
- Start off by chopping about 2 inches of the thick woody ends of the asparagus.
- Heat the oil and add the prepped asparagus. Stir fry for 6-7 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the garlic paste and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper as per taste. Cook for a minute. Serve at room temperature!
2.2.To Cook the Oven-Roasted Cheesy Asparagus:-
- Prep the asparagus by removing the tough ends.
- Line them up in a baking tray without overlapping them.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter along with garlic paste, salt, and pepper. Pour it on the asparagus and massage lightly to coat all the asparagus spears nicely.
- Roast the butter coated asparagus for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Drizzle the cheese on the roasted asparagus and broil for a minute or two until the cheese melts. Serve hot!
2.3.To Cook the Creamy Asparagus Soup:-
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium flame.
- Add the chopped onion and season with some salt. Stir fry for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Now, pour the vegetable stock and water. Bring it to boil on high flame. As soon as it starting bubbling adjust the flame to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prep the asparagus by chopping them all the way from tip to their end into 1 inch long pieces. Toss them into the pot.
- Switch the flame to high and cook the asparagus for 8minutes until soft yet still green. Switch off the flame.
- Blend the asparagus soup into a smooth texture and strain it.
- Place the soup again on heat over low flame. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream and mix it all together. Turn off the flame. Serve warm!
3.Asparagus: Health Benefits
Asparagus is a rewarding green veggie to incorporate in the daily diet. It is low in calorie, therefore helps in weight loss. It enhances the digestion system, aids in reducing blood pressure, and is also packed with antioxidants.
Now that you know how to cook asparagus in various ways, prepare them for breakfast sides, brunch, or snack!
Be healthy and keep your family healthy by consuming home-cooked asparagus!