Onions are used for cooking many dishes because they can eliminate food odors. With that effect, people often use onions in Beef Liver Recipes? If you are looking for a Liver and Onions Recipe, this article is exactly what you need.
1. Why do you soak beef liver in milk before cooking?
It would help if you soaked the beef liver in milk before cooking for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. This will help to get the bitter taste of beef liver that some people find objectionable.
2. Are Liver & Onions Recipe Good For You?
A serving of liver and onions is right for you because it is one of the nutrient-rich foods; beef liver provides many proteins and vitamins such as vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, iron, and Choline. Details I will mention at the end of the article.
3. How do you know when the beef liver is cooked?
You will know the beef liver is fully cooked when it turns dark brown.
4. Beef Liver and Onions Recipe
- 500 grams of beef liver
- 1 sliced onions
- 1-2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
How Long Does It Take To Cook Liver?
It takes 8-10 minutes to cook beef liver on the stove
Step 1: Wash the liver and slice into thin (¼ to ½ inch) slices and set it to soak in a little milk for half an hour in the refrigerator. Out then, drain the milk and pat the liver dry with paper towels.
Step 2: In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onions until golden brown. Season the flour with salt and pepper, and put it in a shallow dish or on a plate
Step 3: Add the remaining oil to the pan and saute the liver on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Cook until nice and brown on the bottom. Return the onions to the pan and cook gently for another 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Enjoy! You can serve it with steamed rice and a big green salad, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
5. Nutritional Information Of Beef Liver
Beef liver contains more nutrients than any other food. In summary, the liver provides:
- An excellent source of high-quality protein
- Nature’s most concentrated source of vitamin A
- All the B vitamins in abundance, particularly vitamin B12
- One of the best sources of folic acid
- A highly usable form of iron
- Trace elements such as copper, zinc, and chromium; liver is our best source of copper.
- An unidentified anti-fatigue factor
- CoQ10, a nutrient that is especially important for cardiovascular function
- A good source of purines, nitrogen-containing compounds that serve as precursors for DNA and RNA.”
Beef liver is an interesting dish that many people have never enjoyed. Hopefully, you know how to cook liver and onions on the Stove and bring your family a new dish with this article.
Read More: How To Cook Eye Of Round Roast