If you are looking for the best way to cook raw meatballs from frozen, I think you are at the right place. Because in this article, we will instruct you on how to cook frozen meatballs on the Stove & in the Air Fryer
1. How To Cook Frozen Meatballs on the Stove
- One bag of frozen meatballs (containing 25-30 meatballs)
- One jar of marinara sauce (15oz)
- 1 Tbsp dried herb blend (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan/mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Open the bag of frozen meatballs and transfer them into a pan.
- Add the marinara sauce and herb blend. Mix well to coat the meatballs evenly with the sauce.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 4 hours. If cooking on high, the meatballs will be done in 2.5 hours.
- After the meatballs are cooked, unlock the lid, and sprinkle the cheese on top. Lock the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes more until the cheese melts.
- Finally, serve warm on steamed rice garnished with some freshly chopped cilantro.
Notes: Besides marinara, you can use other gravy or sauces such as spaghetti, stroganoff, or bbq sauce. Furthermore, if you don’t have sauce, you may use half a cup of water or chicken/vegetable stock.
2. How To Cook Frozen Meatballs in Air Fryer
- 1lb bag of frozen meatballs
- Olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (for serving)
- Begin by preheating the air fryer at 380° F for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the frozen meatballs in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Drizzle some oil and toss them to coat evenly.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes. At 4-5 minutes intervals, carefully shake the basket to flip the meatballs.
- Remove them into a bowl, add the barbeque sauce, and toss gently.
- Finally, serve the air-fried meatballs on top of pasta or noodles.
Notes: If you prefer meatballs with a crisp exterior, air fry them in batches. When placing them in the basket, ensure none of the meatballs overlap or touch one another.
Now, you know how to make frozen meatballs taste better. After reading this article, we hope that you will have delicious hot meatballs for severe with rice or pasta. Good luck