If you are looking for the best way to cook wagyu steak, I think you are at the right place. Because in this article, we will instruct you on How To Cook Wagyu Steak in Oven & on Grill.
1. How To Cook Wagyu Steak in Oven
- Wagyu steak (room temperature)
- Cast iron skillet (or any oven-safe pan)
- 1-2 Tbsp meat fat (trimmed from the steak)
- Cooking thermometer
- Set the oven for preheating at 300° F.
- Place a cast-iron skillet on the stove on high heat. Add the meat fat and wait until the skillet is smoking hot.
- Meanwhile, dab the steak with a paper towel to get rid of any moisture.
- Place the steak on the super-hot skillet. Sear for 1-1.5 minutes on each side to get a nice golden browned crust.
- Remove the steak into a dish and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Now, place the seared and cooled steak back in the cast iron skillet and put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 5-15 minutes at 300° F. At every 5 minutes interval, remove the steak from the oven to check if the internal temperature has reached 140° F – 145° F. (Remember that the after-cooking resting time on the hot skillet will continue cooking the steak).
Lastly, remove it from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, cut up, and serve alongside red wine sauce, salads, or noodles.
Tips: 145° F internal temperature is for medium-done steak; for rare or medium-rare, the internal temperature should read 125° F or 135° F, respectively.
2. How To Cook Wagyu Steak on Grill
- Wagyu steak (Ribeye)
- Salt & pepper
- Firstly, bring the refrigerated steak to room temperature by leaving it on the kitchen top for an hour.
- Ready your charcoal/gas grill by lightly coating the grates with oil. Then, preheat for 10-15 minutes to reach 500° F.
- Meanwhile, pat dries the steak to remove excess moisture. Coat the meat with salt & pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Lay the steak at a diagonal angle on the grill grates, close the lid, & grill for 5 minutes.
- Next, flip the steak and cook the other side similarly (5 minutes with lid closed).
- Finally, remove the grilled steak on a cutting board. Slice the meat after resting it for about 10 minutes.
Tips: Ribeye steak is traditionally served medium-rare or medium to maintain its juiciness. For medium-rare wagyu steak, grill for 6 minutes (3 minutes per side); for medium-done steak, grill for 10 minutes (5 mins per side); while for medium-well doneness, grill for 12 mins (6 mins per side).
Now, you know how to cook wagyu steak in two different ways. After reading this article, we hope that you will have delicious hot wagyu steak. Good luck