Asparagus is great for our bodies and it’s also very easy to cook. But in reality, what is the best way to cook Asparagus? Our answer is to roast it and in this article, I will instruct you how to roast asparagus. Hope this roasted asparagus recipe is what you are looking for.
1. FAQs When Making Roasted Asparagus Recipe
How do you pick good Asparagus?
- Choose Asparagus with a straight body, with the tops not bent. When holding in hand, there is a sense of crunchiness, and there are “cries” if you break them in half.
- Asparagus is confirmed to be fresh only when the root part of Asparagus is not withered, and the tip of Asparagus is not yellowish. Because when they turn yellow, it’s a sign of Asparagus wilting.
- You can choose Asparagus, big or small, depending on your needs. The size of Asparagus does not affect the hardness or softness of Asparagus when it is cooked. But low Asparagus is often more suitable for decorating dishes than for cooking.
- Avoid asparagus plants with scars or spots. If asparagus flowers appear, do not hesitate to throw them in the trash—fresh Asparagus when smelling also does not smell.
How to Prepare Asparagus?
To peel asparagus. you should only be paring the outer part of 1/3 of the asparagus stem from the base upwards. If you intend to use them, the tip of the Asparagus is very fresh young, and soft, so you don’t need to peel it. Besides, you should only use from the beginning of the Asparagus to the soft stem, from the hard stem to the root of the Asparagus you should remove. To find out where the hard parts of Asparagus begin, Pickup asparagus and bend them.
To wash asparagus, you need to wash asparagus under running water to clean the sand in the gaps at the beginning of the Asparagus. If you want the Asparagus to be completely clean, prepare a medium-sized plastic tub, then add a pinch of salt to the water and soak the Asparagus for 20 minutes.
2. Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Fresh Asparagus (12-15 spears)
- Garlic paste (2 teaspoons)
- Parmesan Cheese (Half Cup, grated)
- Butter (2 Tablespoon, melted)
- Salt & Pepper
How Long Roast Asparagus?
It takes 15 minutes to Roast Asparagus
Instructions – How To Roast Asparagus
Step 1: Prep the Asparagus by removing the tight ends.
Step 2: Line them up in a baking tray without overlapping them.
Step 3: In a bowl, mix the melted butter along with garlic paste, salt, and pepper. Pour it on the Asparagus and massage lightly to coat all the asparagus spears nicely.
Step 4: Roast the butter covered Asparagus for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven (425 degrees F).
Step 5: Drizzle the cheese on the roasted Asparagus and broil for a minute or two until the cheese melts. Serve hot! For better taste, you can sprinkle some fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar on asparagus and enjoy
Above is the basic information to remember how to cook asparagus in the Oven that we share with you, I hope you can successfully make an oven-roasted asparagus recipe after reading the article. Good luck!
Read More: Roasted Butternut Squash