Let me take you through 4 best quinoa salad recipes. At the onset, you will find the Mediterranean style quinoa salad, followed by quinoa avocado salad, quinoa cranberry salad and finally quinoa with black bean salad. Each salad brings a unique combination of flavors and textures.
1. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1.5 cup of quinoa
- 2.75 cups of water/vegetable stock
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 English cucumber (chopped in 0.5-inch pieces)
- 2-3 roasted red pepper (chopped in 0.5-inch pieces)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup of black olives (pitted & halved)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
For the dressing:
- 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp red/white wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper powder
- 0.5 cup of fresh parsley leaves (chopped roughly)
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
Instructions – Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
Step 1: Begin by rinsing the quinoa in a sieve!
Step 2: Next, cook the quinoa by boiling it with water (2.75 cups) and salt (0.5tsp) over high heat. Once the water starts boiling, cover and simmer at low heat for 15 minutes till all the water is gone. Fluff the quinoa, transfer to a dish and spread it out in a single layer. Put it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes till cooled.
Step 3: Prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil with vinegar, dried oregano, salt & pepper. Keep aside.
Step 4: Take a large bowl and add the chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, halved olives, garlic powder, thyme, and quinoa. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss nicely.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley leaves and crumbled goat cheese. Enjoy!
2. Quinoa Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water (or vegetable stock)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 English cucumber (diced)
- A dozen cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 ripe Avocados (pitted, de-skinned & diced)
- 1 lemon (halved & de-seeded)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper(use as per taste)
Instructions – Quinoa Avocado Salad Recipe
Step 1: Fill a saucepan with water (470-480 ml) and add a dash of salt. Bring the water to a rolling boil, and add the rinsed quinoa (150-160 grams). Cover the saucepan with a lid and let it simmer for 15minutes.
Step 2: Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large salad serving bowl. Fluff it up with a fork and let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Take out the cooled quinoa. Add the chopped spinach (70 grams); diced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, and diced avocados. Mix well!
Step 4: Next, squeeze the halved lemon on the salad, drizzle the olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and mix again.
Your quinoa avocado salad is ready! Relish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a filling healthy meal!
3. Quinoa Salad Cranberry Recipe
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable/chicken broth
- 0.5 cups of dried/fresh cranberries
- 0.5 cups of scallion (chopped)
- 0.75 cup of slivered almonds (toasted)
- 0.5 cups of fresh coriander sprigs (chopped)
- 0.75 cup of feta cheese (crumbled)
For the Salad Dressing–
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mustard sauce
- Salt & white pepper powder (to taste)
Instructions – Quinoa Salad Cranberry Recipe
Step 1: Boil the vegetable broth in a small pot. Add the rinsed quinoa in the boiling broth and stir it. Cover the pot and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat until all the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the stove, transfer the quinoa to a bowl, fluff it and chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: As the quinoa chills, make the dressing by whisking the olive oil with fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, mustard sauce, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Take the chilled quinoa out of the fridge. Mix in the cranberries, chopped scallion, toasted almonds, chopped coriander sprigs, and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle the dressing on top and mix it!
Devour this quinoa salad with cranberry right away or as chilled. If chilling the salad, put it in an airtight container and then keep in the fridge.
4. Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1½ cup of dried black beans
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 4-5 scallions (chopped finely)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp parsley (chopped roughly)
For the dressing-
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika sauce
- 4-6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Instructions – Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe
Step 1: Boil the black beans in a pot with water. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the stove, cover the pot, and let it sit for 60 minutes.
Step 2: Drain the soaked water, pour freshwater (filling till 3 inches of the pot), and bring it to a boil again on the stove. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes till the black beans are softened. Just about 5-10 minutes before the 90 minutes simmer time is up, sprinkle some salt and mix with the black beans. Finally, turn off the stove, drain the water, and let the cooked beans cool.
Step 3: Now, cook the quinoa. First, rinse the quinoa by putting it in a mesh strainer and running under cool tap water. Next, boil water (2 cups) with a dash of salt and add the rinsed quinoa. Cover the pot, adjust heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a dish, spread it out and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Step 4: Transfer the chilled quinoa to a large salad bowl. Add the cooked black beans, chopped scallions, chopped shallot, chopped red pepper, and parsley. Mix nicely with some salt seasoning!
Step 5: Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking the red wine vinegar with soy sauce, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika sauce, and olive oil.
Step 6: Pour the dressing on the salad and mix well. Enjoy!
Save the above given 4 quinoa salad recipes for a lusciously healthy bowl that can be relished as a filling meal at any hour of the day/night. You can also serve it as a snack or enjoy it as an appetizer!
Read More: How To Cook Frozen Green Beans