The “Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with garlic” is an uncomplicated vegetarian dish. You can enjoy it as a healthy snack or serve it as a delicious side.
Cauliflower makes a superb veggie for multiple reasons! It’s loaded with Vitamin C & K that help in keeping bones strong. It also boosts the body’s immune system, maintains blood pressure levels, and has excellent detoxification properties.
1. How to Cut Cauliflower Head Without Making a Mess?
Here’s how to separate cauliflower florets in a mess-free manner for this quick roasted cauliflower recipe-
- Start by cutting the stem at the bottom and discard the leaves.
- Next, make a circular cut around the core of the cauliflower using a small-sized knife and remove the tough core.
- Now, you can easily snap and separate the cauliflower florets with your hands.
- If the florets are large and you require smaller pieces, then cut it at the stem and separate it with your hands.
- Avoid cutting/slicing the cauliflower head right through the top as it will spill tiny bits and pieces all over the chopping board.
2. Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Cauliflower florets from 1 cauliflower head
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac spice powder (optional)
- Sea salt (as per taste)
2.2. For Additional Flavor (optional)
- 1½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped) (for garnishing)
2.3. Instructions for Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Garlic
Step 1: Set the oven at 350°F for preheating.
Step 2: Line the baking tray with sheet paper or foil. Place all the cauliflower florets on the lined tray.
Step 3: Drizzle the olive oil and add the minced garlic on the florets.
Step 4: In a small bowl, mix the white pepper powder, sumac spice powder, and salt. Now, sprinkle this seasoning mix all over the cauliflower florets.
Step 5: Toss the florets to coat them nicely with the oil, garlic, & seasoning mix.
Step 6: Next, put it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. At 15 minutes interval, cautiously take the tray out of the oven and flip the cauliflower florets. Put the tray back in the oven to finish roasting.
Step 7: Finally, shower grated parmesan cheese on top of the roasted cauliflower florets and put the tray in the oven for a minute or two until the cheese melts.
Serve the gorgeous cheesy roasted cauliflower florets with freshly chopped parsley leaves garnished on top.
- Another mouth-watering way to serve this roasted cauliflower recipe is to skip the parmesan cheese and parsley garnish. Instead, prepare a dip by mixing Greek yogurt (2 tablespoons), cheddar cheese (1 tablespoon), finely chopped parsley (1 tablespoon), salt, & black pepper powder.
- You can try this recipe with broccoli florets as well.
- Sumac powder is a Middle Eastern spice, you may substitute it with cayenne pepper or chili flakes.
Spare 5 minutes in your day to prep an appetizing batch of roasted cauliflower and let the oven do the rest! This roasted cauliflower recipe with garlic is prepared with cauliflower florets but you can also make it with a whole cauliflower head or mashed cauliflower.