Cauliflower is an interesting vegetable with its crunchiness when chewed, this is one of my favorite vegetables. So today I’m will instruct you – how to cook cauliflower in the oven. I hope with the step by step guide in the article you can easily make Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
1. How To Cook Cauliflower & FAQs
How to Cut Cauliflower?
- Start by cutting the stem at the bottom and discard the leaves.
- Next, make a circular cut around the core of the cauliflower using a small-sized knife and remove the tough core.
- Now, you can easily snap and separate the cauliflower florets with your hands.
- If the florets are large and you require smaller pieces, then cut it at the stem and separate it with your hands.
Avoid cutting/slicing the cauliflower head right through the top as it will spill tiny bits and pieces all over the chopping board.
Should you wash cauliflower before cooking?
You should wash the chopped cauliflower in a colander to remove all stains before cooking and pat them dry with a paper towel.
How do you know when cauliflower is cooked?
You use a fork and knife to puncture cauliflower pieces if the fork and knife tip goes through easily, it is when the cauliflower is cooked.
2. Roasted Cauliflower Recipe | How To Cook Cauliflower in the Oven
- Cauliflower florets from 1 cauliflower head
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac spice powder (optional)
- Sea salt (as per taste)
- 1½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped) (for garnishing)
How Long To Roast Cauliflower
It takes 50-60 minutes to roast cauliflower in the Oven
Instructions – How To Roast Cauliflower
Step 1: Set the oven at 350°F for preheating.
Step 2: Line the baking tray with sheet paper or foil. Place all the cauliflower florets on the lined tray.
Step 3: Drizzle the olive oil and add the minced garlic on the florets.
Step 4: In a small bowl, mix the white pepper powder, sumac spice powder, and salt. Now, sprinkle this seasoning mix all over the cauliflower florets.
Step 5: Toss the florets to coat them nicely with the oil, garlic, & seasoning mix.
Step 6: Next, put it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. At 15 minutes interval, cautiously take the tray out of the oven and flip the cauliflower florets. Put the tray back in the oven to finish roasting.
Step 7: Finally, shower grated parmesan cheese on top of the roasted cauliflower florets and put the tray in the oven for a minute or two until the cheese melts. Serve the gorgeous cheesy roasted cauliflower florets with freshly chopped parsley leaves garnished on top.
How To Cook cauliflower? the best way is to use your oven at home. I hope this article has been helpful and helped you to make roasted cauliflower recipe without any difficulties
Read More: Roasted Asparagus Recipe