You have free time and want to prepare a good meal for your family? Why don’t you try to learn Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe? This dish is yummy, sweet, and nutritious.
1. Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe & FAQs
How to Pick a Good Sweet Potatoes
- The most variety of sweet potatoes having reddish or orange colored skin is quite yummy. Avoid the purple/pale yellowish skinned sweet potatoes, often called the dry variety.
- Opt for the medium or small-sized sweet potatoes as they have a sweet taste and creamy texture. Large-sized potatoes are a bit extra starchy.
- Pick the firm ones! Reject those that seem soft, soggy, or wet when held in the hands.
- The even-colored, spot-free, no-bruise & no-wrinkle skinned potatoes is a good one. Stay away from the sweet potatoes with discolored skin or visible growths.
Is it OK to boil sweet potatoes?
You can easily boil sweet potatoes, After washing the sweet potatoes, you put the sweet potatoes in the pot and add a small amount of water flooded the sweet potatoes. Remember to add some salt and cook it about 10 minutes
Do you Peel sweet potato?
This depends on the sweet potato recipe you want to make, for candied sweet potatoes and roasted sweet potato recipe you should peel but for baked sweet potato recipes you shouldn’t peel because this helps protect the flesh from the high dry heat. If desired, after baking is finished you can pretty much peel it with your hands
2. Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe – How to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Oven
- 4 sweet potatoes (average-sized)
- Olive oil (vegetable oil or other cooking oil)
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- Baking tray, peeler, & knife.
How long to cook sweet potatoes in the oven
It takes 30-35 minutes to cook sweet potatoes in the oven at 220°C or 425°F (½-inch thick pieces). If the potato pieces are 2-inch thick, they can take up to 45-50 minutes in a preheated 450°F oven.
Instructions – How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
Step 1: Before beginning to prepare the sweet potatoes, set the oven for preheating at 220°C. To prep, peel the sweet potatoes and discard the skin. Next, chop them into half-inch thick cubes.
Step 2: Transfer the chopped sweet potatoes pieces into the baking tray. Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Mix and coat them evenly with the oil & seasoning.
Step 3: Next, spread out the coated sweet potatoes pieces evenly across the baking tray in one layer without overlapping. Put the tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Take out the tray and flip the sweet potatoes at 10 minutes interval 2 times.
Step 5: Finally, when the 30 minutes are up, remove the tray from the oven and test a sweet potatoes piece. If it needs a little more roasting. Flip the pieces one last time and put the tray back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Devour the drooling oven-roasted sweet potatoes sprinkled with some fresh/dried parsley.
Tip: When arranging the sweet potatoes in the baking tray, be careful not to overlap them. Otherwise, you’ll end up with steamed sweet potatoes instead of roasted ones.
I have shared with you How to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the oven. I hope that you can easily make this Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe at home and have a wonderful meal in happiness.
Read More: How to cook Asparagus in the Oven