If you are planning to enjoy stir-fried mushrooms this week, check out my article today. I will share and instruct you 2 ways to make sauteed mushrooms recipe is how to saute mushrooms with garlic butter and how to saute mushrooms with onions.
1. Sauteed Mushrooms Recipes & FAQs
How do you Prepare Mushrooms?
After buying the mushrooms, you need to remove the stains on the feet of the mushrooms and wash them under the tap. Notice do not soak them in water. Mushrooms soaked in water make the mushrooms pale and lose nutrients then drain and slice into thick slices (about 1/2″ )
Do we need to boil Mushroom Before Cooking?
You do not need to boil a mushroom when making two sauteed mushrooms recipe in this article. Because this is not necessary and only apply if you use dried mushrooms
What do you eat Sauteed Mushrooms with?
You can serve sauteed mushrooms with white rice, mix it with pasta or serve with steak and chicken
How long should mushrooms be cooked?
It takes 12 – 14 minutes to saute mushrooms for Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe with Garlic Butter and takes 18 – 20 minutes to saute mushrooms for Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe with Onions
2. Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe with Garlic Butter
- 450 grams button mushrooms (cleaned & cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- A pinch of salt (or as needed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dill (freshly chopped)
Instructions – How To Saute Mushrooms with Garlic Butter
Step 1: Place a wide saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat. Pour the olive oil and let it heat up.
Step 2: Transfer the halved button mushrooms to the pan. Sprinkle the salt and pepper seasoning. Toss the mushrooms to cover them with the oil and seasoning.
Step 3: Now, let the mushrooms cook in the pan in a single layer without overlapping for 3 minutes. Then adjust the flame to medium and stir saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Add the butter, minced garlic, and garlic powder. Adjust the flame to medium-low and saute for 4 minutes by stirring continuously.
Step 5: Turn off the gas. Add the dill. Give it a quick mix and take out the mushrooms on a serving dish. Your savory “Sautéed Mushrooms with Garlic Butter” is ready! Enjoy!
Tips when making Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe with Garlic Butter
- You can substitute dill with various other herbs such as parsley, chives, and thyme.
- If using salted butter, taste the mushrooms and add salt only if needed and you may increase or decrease the amount of minced garlic as per your taste preference.
3. Sauteed Mushrooms with Onions Recipe
- 450 grams baby button mushrooms (cleaned)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion (large-sized) (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (chopped) (for garnishing)
Instructions – How To Saute Mushrooms with Onions
Step 1: Place a sauté pan on the stove at medium-high heat. Pour the oil and heat it.
Step 2: Next, add the sliced onions and minced garlic. Cook by stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Once the onions turn yellowish, add the baby button mushrooms.
Step 3: Cook the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes by stirring regularly.
Step 4: Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix it with the mushrooms & onions for a minute and turn off the stove.
Serve the drool-worthy “Sautéed Mushrooms with Onions” garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Tips when making Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe With Onion:
- For additional flavor, you may use 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Soy sauce & tamari sauce are good substitutes for Worcestershire sauce.
Making sauteed mushrooms recipe is really a good idea for the meal. If you can not do it well, let’s read again How To Saute Mushrooms above and follow all the steps. Good luck!
Read More: Best Way To Cook Cabbage