If you have bought frozen green beans and prepare to cook it, sure you will definitely have some questions like What’s the best way to cook frozen green beans?. Don’t worry, Let’s check out the detailed instruction below.
1. FAQs When Cooking Frozen Green Beans
Do frozen green beans need to be cooked?
Yes, it needs to be cooked, really green beans are only frozen to preserve freshness and nutrients
Are Frozen Green Beans Good for you?
Yes, frozen green beans are healthy and safe to consume. In fact, there is no difference in the nutritional profile of fresh and frozen green beans!
How To Thaw Frozen Green Beans?
- Remove the frozen green beans from the package and put them in a colander (a rinsing bowl with tiny holes).
- Place the colander in the sink under the tap’s cool running water. (*If you use warm tap water, it’ll help thaw the beans quicker)
- Keep stirring the beans occasionally during the thawing process. In 30-60 minutes, the beans will defrost and come to room temperature.
If you need to cook quickly, you can use the microwave to thaw. However, the green beans after cooking won’t taste as good as normal thawing.
2. How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
- Frozen Green Beans (1 pound)
- 1 ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 non-stick pan
How Long To Cook Frozen Green Beans
It takes about 10 -12 minutes
Step 1: After defrosting the green beans according to the instructions I have outlined above, drain and set them aside.
Step 2: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When the oil starts to heat add the minced garlic and black pepper, then cook and stir continuously until the garlic is golden brown
Step 3: Add the drained green beans to the pan then saute the beans for about 7 to 8 minutes until the beans are hot and light green. Finally, turn off the heat and season with some kosher salt to taste according to your taste.
If our answer to How To Cook Frozen Green Beans is a good idea for you, please let us know after preparing your food. Thank you and good luck!
Read More: Sauteed Green Beans Recipe with Garlic