Green Beans are vegetables good for health. And if you have bought frozen green beans you will definitely have some questions when start cooking like How to cook frozen green beans? How To Thaw Frozen Green Beans?, How to use it with your oven? Let’s check out the detailed instruction below.
1. How To Cook Frozen Green Beans & FAQs
Do frozen green beans need to be cooked?
Yes, it needs to be cooked, really green beans are only frozen to preserve freshness and nutrients
Are Frozen Green Beans Good for you?
Yes, frozen green beans are healthy and safe to consume. In fact, there is no difference in the nutritional profile of fresh and frozen green beans!
How To Thaw Frozen Green Beans?
- Remove the frozen green beans from the package and put them in a colander (a rinsing bowl with tiny holes).
- Place the colander in the sink under the tap’s cool running water. (*If you use warm tap water, it’ll help thaw the beans quicker)
- Keep stirring the beans occasionally during the thawing process. In 30-60 minutes the beans will defrost and come to room temperature.
3. How to Cook Frozen Green Beans in the Oven
- 450-500 grams frozen Green Beans (1 pound)
- ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Lined baking tray & a spatula
How long to cook frozen green beans in the oven
It takes about 55 minutes to cook frozen green beans in the oven.
Instructions – Roasted Frozen Green Bean Recipe
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating at 425°F.
Step 2: Transfer the frozen green beans to a baking tray lined with greased parchment paper. Try to spread out the frozen beans in the greased baking tray.
Step 3: Put the tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Step 4: After 10-15 minutes of warming the beans, take the tray out and drizzle with the oil. Add the garlic powder, salt & pepper seasoning. Toss them or mix with a spatula to coat the beans evenly. Put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Step 5: Next, take the tray out again, sprinkle the parmesan cheese, and stir the beans nicely to coat the cheese all over. Make sure to spread the beans again in a single layer without overlapping.
Step 6: Put the tray back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes. In between, at 5-7 minutes interval, take the tray out and flip the beans for perfect roasting.
Step 7: Enjoy the cheesy roasted green beans right away.
If our answer to How To Cook Frozen Green Beans is a good idea for you, please let us know after preparing your food. Thank you and good luck!
Read More: Sauteed Green Beans Recipe with Garlic