You are looking for How To Cook Frozen Green Beans. You’ve come to the right place. Let’s check out Frozen Green Bean Recipe and how to thaw Frozen Green Beans
1. How To Cook Frozen Green Beans & FAQs
Do frozen green beans need to be cooked?
Frozen green beans need to be cooked. Because they have only been frozen to preserve their freshness and nutrients
Are Frozen Green Beans Good for you?
Yes, frozen green beans are healthy and safe to consume. In fact, there is no difference is the nutritional profile of fresh and frozen green beans! This was found by researchers at the University of California and the University of Georgia who conducted thorough research on fresh and frozen vegetables.
How To Thaw Frozen Green Beans?
30-60 minutes Thawing Technique: Do this right before cooking the frozen beans
- Remove the frozen green beans from the package and put them in a colander (a rinsing bowl with tiny holes).
- Place the colander in the sink under the tap’s cool running water. (*If you use warm tap water, it’ll help thaw the beans quicker)
- Keep stirring the beans occasionally during the thawing process.
- There is no need to replace the water as the colander’s tiny holes will keep draining the beans continuously.
- In 30-60 minutes the beans will defrost and come to room temperature.
24 hours Thawing Technique: Do this a day before cooking the frozen beans
- Take a plate. Place a paper/cloth towel on it.
- Put the packet of frozen green beans on the paper/cloth towel. (This will save from spilling the excess water while the beans defrost)
- Put the plate of frozen green beans in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
NOTE: Avoid leaving the packet of frozen green beans on the kitchen top for thawing at room temperature. This is an unhealthy technique and best not followed.
3. How to Cook Frozen Green Beans in the Oven – Roasted Frozen Green Bean Recipe
- 450-500 grams frozen Green Beans (1 pound)
- ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Lined baking tray & a spatula
How long to cook frozen green beans in the oven
It takes about 55 minutes to cook frozen green beans in the oven.
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating at 425°F.
Step 2: Transfer the frozen green beans to a baking tray lined with greased parchment paper. Try to spread out the frozen beans in the greased baking tray.
Step 3: Put the tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes. During this time the frozen beans will warm up and change into a vibrant green shade.
Step 4: After 10-15 minutes of warming the beans, take the tray out and drizzle with the oil. Add the garlic powder, salt & pepper seasoning. Toss them or mix with a spatula to coat the beans evenly. Put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Step 5: Next, take the tray out again, sprinkle the parmesan cheese, and stir the beans nicely to coat the cheese all over. Make sure to spread the beans again in a single layer without overlapping.
Step 6: Put the tray back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes. In between, at 5-7 minutes interval, take the tray out and flip the beans for perfect roasting.
Step 7: Enjoy the cheesy roasted green beans right away.
The above information on How To Cook Frozen Green Beans will help you cook frozen green beans easily home. Therefore, enjoy this vegetable as many times a week as possible!