If you are looking for the best ways to cook quail, you are in the right place. Today, together with me learn – how to cook quail in the Oven. Besides the roast quail recipe, you’ll also find the details of Grilled Quail Recipe
1. Roast Quail Recipe
- 2 whole quails (plucked)
- Melted butter
- Black pepper
- 1 celery stick
How Long to Cook Quail in the Oven
It takes 12-18 minutes to roast quail in the oven.
Instructions – How to Cook Quail in the Oven
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating (for 30 minutes) at your oven’s highest temperature or 500°F.
Step 2: Meanwhile, prep the quail-
- Place the quails on a dish. Pat them dry using kitchen towels.
- Brush the melted butter to coat each quail evenly on all sides. Also, sprinkle salt all over the quail.
- Transfer the quails to a small oven-proof cast-iron skillet.
- Chop the celery stick and place them strategically on the skillet to keep the quails in their position. Ensure that there is a little gap between the quails and they don’t touch one another.
- Keep aside on the kitchen top until the oven is nice and hot.
Step 3: Put the quails in the oven. Roast for 12 minutes for a moist pinkish result. (If you prefer a browned semi-dry result, then roast for 17-18 minutes).
Step 4: Take them out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with your preferred sauce or a squeeze of lemon.
2. Grilled Quail Recipe
- 4 quails (butter-flied)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 whole lemon (juiced)
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper
- Vegetable oil (to oil the grill grates)
How Long to Cook Quail on the Grill
It takes 12-16 minutes to grill quail.
Instructions – How to Cook Quail on the Grill
Step 1: Make the sauce to marinate quail
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the lemon zest with lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary leaves, salt & pepper. Use an immersion blender for a paste-like consistency.
- Butterfly the quails by cutting backbone in half. Carefully, detach the skin (without tearing it) from the muscle using your index finger.
- Coat the lemony paste over & under each quail’s skin. Transfer to the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
Step 2: Meanwhile, ready the grill. Clean the grill grates and oil them nicely. Preheat directly on the gas/coal at 350°F.
Step 3: Once the grill is ready, take out the marinated quail. Place the butter-flied quails on the hot grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
Step 4: Flip the quails and cook the other side for 6-8 minutes as well. When the internal temperature reads 170°F, they are done.
Step 5: Remove from the grill and keep covered in a foil sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
Above is the Roast Quail Recipe and Grilled Quail Recipe. I guess you sure drove saliva after reading the article. So what are you waiting for without starting to prepare the necessary ingredients to make this flavorful dish? Good luck
Read More: Red Snapper Recipes