How To Cook Quail? Well, making the food in the right way can give you the best dish ever. Let us help you have the right recipe to roast quail at home in some minutes. Also, you will get answers to questions related when making roast quail recipe at home
1. Roast Quail Recipe & FAQs
How do you prepare for quail?
After buying ready-made quail, wash it with diluted salt, pluck the feathers to make them clean, drain, cut in half if the bird is big
What does quail taste like?
Quail tastes stronger than chicken. And when chewing quail meat brings great sweetness in your mouth
What should quail cook?
Quails should be used to make the roast quail recipe. However, if you want you can try how to cook quail on the grill
2. Roast Quail Recipe – How To Cook Quail in the Oven
- 2 whole quails (plucked)
- Melted butter
- Black pepper
- 1 celery stick
How Long to Cook Quail in the Oven
It takes 12-18 minutes to roast quail in the oven.
Instructions – How to Roast Quail.
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating (for 30 minutes) at your oven’s highest temperature or 500°F.
Step 2: Meanwhile, prep the quail:
- Place the quails on a dish. Pat them dry using kitchen towels.
- Brush the melted butter to coat each quail evenly on all sides. Also, sprinkle salt all over the quail.
- Transfer the quails to a small oven-proof cast-iron skillet.
- Chop the celery stick and place them strategically on the skillet to keep the quails in their position. Ensure that there is a little gap between the quails and they don’t touch one another.
- Keep aside on the kitchen top until the oven is nice and hot.
Step 3: Put the quails in the oven. Roast for 12 minutes for a moist pinkish result. (If you prefer a browned semi-dry result, then roast for 17-18 minutes).
Step 4: Take them out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with your preferred sauce or a squeeze of lemon.
Quails are so yummy when being cooked well. How To Cook Quail to make it the best delicious? Please use your oven and prepare wine or beer together after cooking.
Read More: How to bake chicken breast in the oven