If you are wondering “What’s the best way to cook quail?” then my answer is to roast it. Let me help you have the right recipe to roast quail at home in some minutes. Also, you will get answers to questions related when making roast quail recipe at home
1. FAQs When Roasting Quail
How do you prepare for quail?
After buying ready-made quail, wash it with diluted salt, pluck the feathers to make them clean, drain, cut in half if the bird is big
What does quail taste like?
Quail tastes stronger than chicken. And when chewing quail meat brings great sweetness in your mouth
What should quail cook?
Quails should be used to make the roast quail recipe. However, if you want you can try how to cook quail on the grill
2. How To Cook Quail in the Oven
- 2 whole quails (plucked)
- Melted butter
- Black pepper
- 1 celery stick
Step 1: Set the oven for preheating (for 30 minutes) at your oven’s highest temperature or 500°F.
Step 2: Meanwhile, prep the quail:
- Place the quails on a dish. Pat them dry using kitchen towels.
- Brush the melted butter to coat each quail evenly on all sides. Also, sprinkle salt all over the quail.
- Transfer the quails to a small oven-proof cast-iron skillet.
- Chop the celery stick and place them strategically on the skillet to keep the quails in their position. Ensure that there is a little gap between the quails and they don’t touch one another.
- Keep aside on the kitchen top until the oven is nice and hot.
Step 3: Put the quails in the oven. Roast for 12 minutes for a moist pinkish result. (If you prefer a browned semi-dry result, then roast for 17-18 minutes).
Step 4: Take them out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with your preferred sauce or a squeeze of lemon.
Now, you know How To Roast Quail. I hope after reading this article you will have crisp and delicious roasted quails to enjoy
Read More: How to bake chicken breast in the oven