You can prepare chicken sausages in many different ways. Do you want to learn how to cook chicken sausages quickly and enjoy them with your friends? This article of mine will certainly be helpful to you. Believe me!
1. How To Cook Chicken Sausage in the Oven
- Chicken sausages
- Rimmed baking sheet
- A fork
- Some oil and seasoning
How Long To Cook Chicken Sausage in the Oven
It takes about 40 minutes to cook chicken sausages in the oven!
Before starting to cook, get the chicken sausages out of the fridge and leave them at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Step 1: Set the oven at 232°C for preheating.
Step 2: Using a fork, lightly pierce the chicken sausages. Coat with oil and seasoning! Place the side of the sausages by the side on a rimmed baking sheet.
Step 3: Roast for 30-40 minutes while flipping the sausages every 10 minutes. Thick chicken sausages take about 40-60 minutes to get completely cooked. On the other hand, thin chicken sausages need about 20-25 minutes. You will know the chicken sausages are done when they change into a brownish color.
Note: If you don’t have a rimmed baking sheet, you can use any baking tray and cover it with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
2. How To Cook Chicken Sausage on the Stove
- Cast iron pan with lid
- Oil (1 teaspoon)
How Long To Cook Chicken Sausage on the Stove
It takes about 20-25 minutes to cook chicken sausages on the stove!
Cooking chicken sausages on the stove is a 2-stage process involving a water bath and frying in oil.
Stage 1: Hot Water Bath
- Fill a pan with water and bring to boil. The water should be enough for the raw chicken sausages to get fully immersed.
- Dip the raw sausages in the bubbling water, and cover with a well-fitted lid. Switch off the flame.
- Allow the chicken sausages to cook in the hot water bath for 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Now, uncover the lid, drain the water, and remove the sausages on a plate.
- Clean the pan with a paper towel for stage 2.
Stage 2: Frying
- Place the cleaned pan on the stove over medium flame.
- Drizzle the oil and place the semi-cooked chicken sausages.
- Fry the sausages for 6-7 minutes over medium heat by frequently flipping & moving them in the pan. Switch off the flame and serve on a plate.
When your chicken sausages crisp up and turn brownish, they are ready!
3. How do you know chicken sausage is cooked?
This is one of the questions I get the most after this article was posted
So today, I’m going to show you how to use a meat thermometer to check the chicken sausage is cooked or not?
When the internal temperature of the chicken sausage reaches 167 degrees F, equivalent to 75 degrees C, this means is chicken sausage is fully cooked, and you can rest assured to enjoy it.
4. Chicken Sausage: Nutritional information
Chicken sausages are quite low in calorie content (around 150 calories) compared to the same amount of pork sausage (300-450 calories). Additionally, a chicken sausage contains just 7-10 grams of fat and very little sodium, making it healthy to consume.
I hope with the detailed instructions on how to cook chicken sausages on the stove and in the oven, you can cook them quickly and easily to enjoy yourself with your friends.
Read More: How To Cook Italian Sausages