Chicken sausages can be cooked in 4 different techniques- boiling, frying, grilling and oven-roasting. Given below are the details on how to cook chicken sausages in the oven and on the stove.
1. How to cook chicken sausage in the oven
It takes about 40 minutes to cook chicken sausages in the oven!
- Chicken sausages
- Rimmed baking sheet
- A fork
- Some oil and seasoning
1.2. Instructions – How to cook chicken sausage in the oven
Before starting to cook, get the chicken sausages out of the fridge and leave them in the room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Set the oven at 232°C for preheating.
Using a fork, lightly pierce the chicken sausages. Coat with oil and seasoning! Place the sausages side by side on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast for 30-40 minutes while flipping the sausages every 10 minutes.
Thick chicken sausages take about 40-60 minutes to get completely cooked. On the other hand, thin chicken sausages need about 20-25 minutes.
You will know the chicken sausages are done when they change into a brownish colour.
Note: In case you don’t have a rimmed baking sheet, you can using any baking tray and cover it with a heavy-duty aluminium foil.
2. How to cook chicken sausage on the stove
It takes about 20-25 minutes to cook chicken sausages on the stove!
- Cast iron pan with lid
- Oil (1 teaspoon)
2.2. Instructions – How to cook chicken sausage on the stove
Cooking chicken sausages on the stove is a 2-stage process involving water bath and frying in oil.
Stage 1: Hot Water Bath
- Fill a pan with water and bring to boil. The water should be enough for the raw chicken sausages to get fully immersed.
- Dip the raw sausages in the bubbling water, and cover with a well-fitted lid. Switch off the flame.
- Allow the chicken sausages to cook in the hot water bath for 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Now, uncover the lid, drain the water, and remove the sausages in a plate.
- Clean the pan with a paper towel for stage 2.
Stage 2: Frying
- Place the cleaned pan on the stove over medium flame.
- Drizzle the oil and place the semi-cooked chicken sausages.
- Fry the sausages for 6-7 minutes over medium heat by frequently flipping & moving them in the pan. Switch off the flame and serve on a plate.
When your chicken sausages crisp-up and turn brownish, they are ready!
Chicken Sausage: Health Benefits
Chicken sausages are quite low in calorie content (around 150 calories) as compared to the same amount of pork sausage (300-450 calories). Additionally, a chicken sausage contains just 7-10 grams of fat and very little sodium making it healthy to consume.
The delectable chicken sausages as compared to other types of sausages require a notch higher temperature to cook through completely. This helps curb food-borne diseases. With the this benefits, what are you waiting for? Please quickly apply how to cook chicken sausage above to make your meal more delicious